Release of version 1.4.
This release features the introduction of the long-awaited disk-based
article assembly capability. ubh can now accumulate the
article(s) to be decoded into a disk file rather than system RAM.
This now allows ubh to download arbitrarily large binaries,
limited only by available disk space.
This new version is due to the painstaking and tireless work of
special guest programmer Jt "The
Squeegy" Chiodi. Not only did he submit the disk-based article
assembly modification, but he also incorporated all the pending
bug fixes and suggestions from the ubh-discuss mailing list.
Here is a summary of the changes for this version:
- Disk-based article assembly (-A). TEMPDIR
keyword to specify where the temporary file goes.
Thanks to Jt "The Squeegy" Chiodi.
- PERMISSION keyword to control default permission of
created subdirectories. Thanks to Jt "The Squeegy" Chiodi.
- Made uudecode search for "end" case insensitive. Thanks
to Michael Tiedge.
- Use "/o" modifier to only compile regexp's once. Thanks to
- -O option to force overwriting of duplicate files
instead of prepending article number.
Thanks to coder_at_mindspring.com
- Default single and multi-part inclusion filter greatly
expanded to be (?i)asf|avi|gif|jpg|mov|mpg|mpeg|rm|[cdertsu]\d\d|rar|ace|zip|\d\d\d|nfo|sfv|mp3
Thanks to Jeff Hedgpeth and Andi L6hmus.
- Fixed documentation for -f and -l to say that they
update the .newsrc. Thanks to Jeff Hedgpeth.
- Example ubhrc mentions OPT_c - should be OPT_C
instead. Thanks to Ying Zhang.
- Tested on Mac OS X. Thanks to Michael J Paluka.
- -g was not updating .newsrc. Thanks to 3Jane Tessier Ashpool.
- -n was not documented. Thanks to 3Jane Tessier Ashpool.
- MacPerl platform support. Thanks to Mike W. mw487_at_yahoo.com
- -g was not obeying -I or -X filters.
Thanks to Andreas Wenzel a.wenzel_at_aon.at
Upgrading from any previous version to v1.4 is easy - just
replace the executable. Your existing .ubhrc and
.newsrc files are entirely forward compatible